Become a Member
Are you a JLC member and interested in sponsoring someone? Click here to access more information.
Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Charlotte (JLC)! Semi-annually, the JLC develops Provisionals to become effective volunteers and leaders in the Charlotte community. Provisionals can select to participate in one of two courses each year, course 1 (August-December) and course 2 (January- May).
Provisional members complete a comprehensive accelerated training series that allows them the opportunity to develop friendships, serve the local community through our 20 partnerships and learn about our League’s structure and history. The Provisional experience includes: small group meetings, educational courses, community service projects supporting our mission (HCI), WearHouse shifts and our league functions including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Charlotte uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members
- Meets the age requirement (23 years-old by May 31, 2013)
- Resides in Mecklenburg County or in contiguous counties
- Has an interest in voluntarism
- Is willing to make a commitment to community service
- Has an interest in developing her potential for participation in community affairs
Upcoming Informational Sessions: Prospective Member/Sponsorship Workshops
The Junior League of Charlotte will be hosting two sponsorship workshops on May 7th and 13th starting at 7pm. At this time, the membership development committee will be extending applications to anyone interested in joining who is 23 years or older.
If you do not currently know anyone who is an active member in the Charlotte Junior League, please email Debbie Hull (email@example.com) and she will gladly find a sponsor from our large sponsorship pool- please include your preference for sponsorship workshop dates in your email.
If you already know a member of the Charlotte League and she is willing to be your sponsor, please email Charlitta Roberson at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know which of the two meetings you and your sponsor will be attending.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing all the Junior League of Charlotte has to offer!
Comprehensive Course Requirement Information
- Community Volunteer Opportunities – 3 hours
- JLC Retreat meeting
- Attend 2 General Membership meetings
- 30 JLC WearHouse hours
- JLC Knowledge Nights (2)
- Provisional membership dues of $200
- Provisional course fee of $100
- JLC WearHouse quota of $100 in merchandise or cash
- Fundraising requirement of $50 in hours or tickets met