Become a Member of The Junior League of Charlotte
Are you a JLC member and interested in sponsoring someone? Click here to access more information.
Thank you for your interest in The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc (JLC)!
Candidates for JLC membership (“Provisionals”) complete a comprehensive training program that provides the opportunity to develop friendships, to serve the local community through our partnerships and to learn about our League’s structure and history. The Provisional experience includes: small group meetings, training opportunities, community service projects supporting our mission, and League-wide events including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Charlotte uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
- Meets the age requirement (23 years old by 5/31/2017)
- Resides in Mecklenburg County or a contiguous county
- Has a current, Active or Sustaining, member of the JLC as a sponsor (If you do not know a current member please plan to attend a Prospective Member Presentation and meet someone to be your sponsor.)
- Has an interest in voluntarism
- Is willing to make a commitment to community service
- Has an interest in developing her potential for participation in community affairs
The 2017 Recruitment Season is now open. If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please attend one of our Prospective Member Presentations listed below by clicking the date to sign up (space is limited). Presentations are located at the Junior League of Charlotte, 1332 Maryland Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209.
Wednesday, April 5 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm;
Saturday, April 8 from 9:00 to 11:00 am;
Thursday, April 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm;
Ready to apply to become a Provisional Member? Click here.
Sample Course Requirements
- 25 Community Volunteer Hours
- JLC Kick-Off
- 3 General Membership Meetings
- 2 JLC Knowledge Nights
- JLC 101 and 201
- JLC Community Partnership Bus Tour
- Participation in JLC’s Little Black Dress Initiative
- JLC Membership Dues of $275
- Non-refundable Provisional Course Fee of $75
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $25
- Fundraising Ticket Purchase Requirement of $50
If you have any questions, please contact Membership Development at email@example.com