Become a Member
Are you a JLC member and interested in sponsoring someone? Click here to access more information.
Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Charlotte (JLC)! Annually, the JLC develops Provisionals to become effective volunteers and leaders in the Charlotte community.
Provisional members complete a comprehensive accelerated training series that allows them the opportunity to develop friendships, serve the local community through our 20 partnerships and learn about our League’s structure and history. The Provisional experience includes: small group meetings, educational courses, community service projects supporting our mission, WearHouse shifts and our league functions including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Charlotte uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members
- Meets the age requirement (23 years-old by May 31 of the recruiting year)
- Resides in Mecklenburg County or in contiguous counties
- Has an interest in voluntarism
- Is willing to make a commitment to community service
- Has an interest in developing her potential for participation in community affairs
The 2016 Recruitment season is now closed. If you are interested in receiving more information regarding the 2017 recruitment season opening in Spring/Summer of 2017, then please complete the interest form located HERE.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing all the Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. has to offer!
Sample Course Requirement Information
- Community Capstone Project – 10 hours
- JLC Kick-Off
- Attend 3 General Membership meetings
- 30 JLC WearHouse hours
- JLC Knowledge Nights (2)
- JLC 101 & 201
- Provisional membership dues of $200
- Provisional course fee of $100
- JLC WearHouse quota of $100 in merchandise or cash
- Fundraising requirement of $50 in tickets met