Arina Kirk, JLC President, Arina joined the JLC after she moved to Charlotte in 2008, to be part of a network of women leaders serving the Charlotte community. She is excited to lead this talented, passionate and committed group of women to continue to make a difference in the lives of children and families in the Charlotte community. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration from Vanderbilt University, and a Master’s degree in Educational Management and Leadership from American University. She has worked in training and development for 15 years. After the adoption of their son in 2010, she and her husband started eAdopt, a company which provides case management software for adoption agencies, where she runs Operations. Within the JLC, Arina has served as a volunteer in Partnership for Children’s Dental Health, part of the Social Interest Group Task Force, Placement Assistant Coordinator and Coordinator, Human Resources Manager, Membership Initiatives Committee Member, Legacy Foundation President, a WearHouse Committee Member, Operations Task Force member and as President-Elect. In her free time, Arina enjoys reading, cooking, knitting and spending time with her family.
Alicia Morris Rudd, JLC President-Elect,
A member of the Junior League for 20 years, Alicia has been a Provisional, Transfer, Active and Sustaining member of the JLC, including spending seven years in the Chicago League. A native of Charlotte, Alicia was first introduced to the JLC when she was six years old. Her mother, Sally Morris, a member of the League used to bring Alicia and her sister Jaime to JLC community events and meetings.
Alicia has been a member of the JLC Board of Directors and has served in the role of council manager for Community Impact Council, Education, Training and Advocacy Council, and Human Resources Council. She has also served as the JLC Foundation President and worked on our last two capital campaigns.
Outside the League, Alicia is the Director of Community Engagement for the College of Health and Human Services, UNC Charlotte. She volunteers her time on the Board of Directors for Care Ring and as a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, the Women’s Impact Fund and the Robinson Center for Civic Leadership at the Foundation for the Carolinas.
Board of Directors
The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc.’s (JLC) Board of Directors is responsible for the governing and the monitoring of the JLC. The goal of the Board is achieving successes for the JLC that are based on the mission and vision of the League.
2017-2018 Board of Directors
- President: Arina Kirk
- CFO: Kamila McDonnough
- President-Elect: Alicia Morris Rudd
- Nominating Chair: Charlitta Hatch
- Sustaining Advisor: Katherine Fuller
- Board Secretary: Emily Reichs
Members at Large:
- Tonya Bruce
- Molly Ward
- Helen King
- Nantasha Chryst
- Tricia Magee
- Sherri Belfield
- Joy Patterson
- Jamie Mills
- Jane Grosse (Sustainer)
The Junior League of Charlotte’s Management Team is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of the JLC to ensure the achievement of the purposes of the JLC based on the mission and vision.
2017-2018 Management Team
- President-Elect: Alicia Morris Rudd
- Nominating Vice Chair: Kellie Lofton
- Management Team Secretary: Sarah Highfill
- Human Resource Manager: Jenna Martin Pendry
- Human Resources Assistant Manager: Monique Perry
- Community Impact Manager: Neddra Vallesky
- Community Impact Assistant Manager: Monica Holmes
- Communications Manager: Christine Sperow
- Communications Assistant Manager: Claire Magee
- Education, Training & Advocacy Manager: Ashley Soublet
- Education, Training & Advocacy Assistant Manager: Julie Brown
- Fund Development Manager: Kelly-Ann Fasano
- Fund Development Assistant Manager: Debbie Hull
- VP Finance: Krystal Owens
- Risk Manager: Dana Christians
- Sustaining Advisor: Katrina Whelchel
- WearHouse Chair: Jacquie Baker