Promotions and Events
Each year the Junior League of Charlotte WearHouse holds three major promotional sales events in addition to various monthly promotions and frequent shopper discounts.
- Gamblers Sale – The largest, twice-annual sale held each summer and winter (July-August and January-February) to clear out the thrift inventory and prepare for new seasonal merchandise. The six-week sale typically begins the 2ndweek of July and January with 30% off all thrift merchandise, gradually increasing to 75% off, and then concludes with “Dollar Days” on the last Friday and Saturday of the sale, with $1 for shirts, $2 for pants and $3 for suits (thrift only).
2013 Gamblers Sale Dates
30% off January 7-12
40% off January 14-19
50% off January 21-26
60% off January 28-February 2
75% off February 4-7
Dollar Days February 8-9 (store closes at 2pm)*
Join us for the JLC WearHouse Season Changeover Open House on Tuesday, 2/12 from 5:00-8:00pm. Light refreshments will be provided by Earth Fare, door prizes as well as a 20% discount will be offered on thrift items during the specified time only. That's right we are extending our hours for this opportunity, so don't miss your chance to find new spring wardrobe deals.
- After-Thanksgiving Sale – Beat the crowds and jump start your holiday shopping by attending the JLC WearHouse After-Thanksgiving Sale featuring special giveaways and discounts each day for the week following the Thanksgiving holiday.
Additionally, the Junior League WearHouse holds special events in partnership with local non-profit organizations and community leaders. Some past events include:
- Breast Cancer Awareness Event – In partnership with Charlotte Radiology, the JLC WearHouse has hosted the event in October 2010 and 2011 to bring awareness to the cancer that impacts 1 in 8 women in the United States. Featuring dynamic guest speakers, special discounts on store items, the pink ladies (mannequins in the front windows) and the opportunity to socialize with other JLC and community members, this event was also in conjunction with the JLC WearHouse’s Fall Open House.
- The Prom Project (Annual Event) – Each year, the JLC WearHouse collects hundreds of prom dresses from the Girl Talk Foundation and provides high school ladies the opportunity to select their dream dress free-of-charge. In 2012, the JLC WearHouse and Girl Talk Foundation partnership gave away more than 500 dresses to the community.
- Spring and Fall Changeover Donations – At the change of winter to spring and summer to fall seasons, the Junior League WearHouse donates all thrift merchandise to local non-profit organizations (e.g. churches, organizations that benefit the homeless and displaced women and children.)