The Transfer Committee has some fun, fabulous and educational events planned for the next few months. We are excited to report that we have a large, excited group of transfers this year.
What to Expect as a Transfer
Transfers to the Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. (JLC) must first contact their “home” League and request a transfer to the JLC. Once paperwork is completed through AJLI and forwarded to the JLC, the membership secretary will send the transferring member a welcome letter and information regarding responsibilities. The transfer will then be asked to forward membership dues.
Once payment is received, a transfer advisor will contact the member and invite her to the next transfer social as well inform her of her responsibilities. The Transfer will only be able to participate in activities once payment is received. Transfers have the opportunity to meet other transfers at monthly transfer socials. The Transfer Committee has some fun social and educational events planned throughout the year.
Requirement for Transfers
- Pay Annual Dues of $275 (including $43 for membership in the Association of Junior Leagues International)
- Complete 20 volunteer hours at the JLC WearHouse
- Attend 3 General Membership meetings (GMM) and/or equivalent training sessions
- Complete a $50 Fundraiser requirement
- Complete a $100 WearHouse Quota requirement
- $50 transfer fee
Transfer Committee Leadership
Amy Rhyne – Transfer Chair