Applications are now OPEN for the 2024-2025 Junior League of Charlotte Provisional Class!
- To join our Provisional class, please complete our application HERE. Applications close May 31.
- Previously a member? Click HERE to fill out the Reinstatement Request Form.
Who is the Junior League of Charlotte?
We are mothers and daughters, students and graduates, activists and philanthropists, dreamers and believers. We are bound by a desire to effect positive change in Charlotte as well as in ourselves. Women in the Junior League of Charlotte come from all parts of Mecklenburg County and from all walks of life. This diverse organization welcomes and celebrates women of all backgrounds, as each member brings a unique perspective to our organization and enriches our League. Members share a commitment to voluntarism and building a better community.
BENEFITS OF JOINING JLC:
- Make positive changes in the Charlotte community
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with inspiring women
- Meet new people and form lifelong friendships
- Impact lives by giving back effectively and efficiently
- Do good on a regular, ongoing basis
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skillset: speaking, public relations, sales, marketing and more
- Participate in and improve a well-run organization
Provisional members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them the opportunity to develop friendships, serve the local community through our partnerships and learn about our League’s structure and history. The Provisional experience includes small group meetings, educational courses, community service projects supporting our mission and our League functions, including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Charlotte uses the following criteria for the consideration of prospective members
- Meets the age requirement (23 years old by May 31 of the recruiting year)
- Resides in Mecklenburg County or in contiguous counties
- Sponsor from the JLC
- Has an interest in voluntarism
- Is willing to make a commitment to community service
- Has an interest in developing her potential for participation in community affairs
You must have a sponsor from the JLC in order to apply. Don’t have a JLC sponsor? Reach out to a JLC member in our sponsor database! Sponsorship Directory
Sample Course Requirements
- 15 Community Volunteer Hours
- JLC Kick-Off
- JLC 101
- 3 General Membership Meetings
- 2 JLC Knowledge Nights
- Diversity and Inclusion Training
- JLC Membership Dues of $275
- Non-refundable Provisional Course Fee of $75
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $25
- Fundraising Obligation of $100 – (can be raised by fundraising, employer matching gift or personal contribution)
Have you resigned from the Junior League of Charlotte in good standing and are interested in reinstating your membership? Click here to fill out the Reinstatement Request Form.