Are you a JLC member and interested in sponsoring someone? Click here to access more information (log in required).
Who is the Junior League of Charlotte?
We are mothers and daughters, students and graduates, activists and philanthropists, dreamers and believers. We are bound by a desire to effect positive change in Charlotte as well as in ourselves. Women in the Junior League of Charlotte come from all parts of Mecklenburg County and from all walks of life. This diverse organization welcomes and celebrates women of all backgrounds, as each member brings a unique perspective to our organization and enriches our League. Members share a commitment to voluntarism and building a better community.
BENEFITS TO JOINING JLC:
- Make positive changes in the Charlotte community
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with inspiring women
- Meet new people and form lifelong friendships
- Impact lives by giving back effectively and efficiently
- Do good on a regular, ongoing basis
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skill set: speaking, public relations, sales, marketing and more
- Participate in and improve a well-run organization
Provisional members complete a comprehensive accelerated training series that allows them the opportunity to develop friendships, serve the local community through our partnerships and learn about our League’s structure and history. The Provisional experience includes: small group meetings, educational courses, community service projects supporting our mission, and our league functions including general membership meetings, fundraisers and socials.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Charlotte uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members
- Meets the age requirement (23 years-old by May 31 of the recruiting year)
- Resides in Mecklenburg County or in contiguous counties
- Sponsor from the JLC
- Has an interest in voluntarism
- Is willing to make a commitment to community service
- Has an interest in developing her potential for participation in community affairs
You must have a sponsor from the JLC in order to apply. If you are in need of a sponsor, access will be provided to our sponsor database.
Sample Course Requirements
- 25 Community Volunteer Hours
- JLC Kick-Off
- 3 General Membership Meetings
- 2 JLC Knowledge Nights
- JLC 101 and 201
- JLC Community Partnership Bus Tour
- Participation in JLC’s Little Black Dress Initiative
- JLC Membership Dues of $275
- Non-refundable Provisional Course Fee of $75
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $25
- Fundraising Ticket Purchase Requirement of $50
Have you resigned from the Junior League of Charlotte in good standing and are interested in reinstating your membership? Click here to fill out the Reinstatement Request Form.