JLC Fact Sheet
2023-2024 Fact Sheet
The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. will be a leading force in improving the lives of children and families in the Charlotte community.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment Statement
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
Junior League of Charlotte (JLC) members serve on numerous boards and coalitions throughout the region, as well as lead a variety of business, civic, and nonprofit organizations.
- Nearly 1,500 Charlotte area women are current members of the JLC.
- More than 450 of our members are Active members who engage in hands-on community and internal volunteer commitments and manage our organization. Most of our Active members also work in a variety of industries across the Charlotte region.
- Nearly 900 of our members are Sustaining members who have previously served as Active members of our League but now serve in advisory roles and provide support to the JLC.
- More than 100 women entered our most recent Provisional class seeking JLC membership.
The JLC provides a number of leadership training programs and opportunities for our members to both maximize their contributions to the mission and extend that service into their professional and charitable endeavors. Leadership programs include the Leadership Development Institute (LDI) and Public Policy and Advocacy (PPA). Additional monthly workshops, Training Tuesdays, focus on a variety of professional, leadership, health and personal growth topics.
The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc. (JLC) commits financial and volunteer resources to community agencies and projects that focus on the most critical needs of the Charlotte community. Starting June 1, 2018, the JLC began partnering with our community to ensure that all children are school ready by focusing on the health and educational needs of children from birth to fifth grade in priority areas of Mecklenburg County.
2023-2024 Community Projects and Partnerships
Renaissance West Community Initiative/Kids in the Kitchen
The JLC’s Public Policy and Advocacy Committee educates JLC members, community organizations and policymakers on issues facing the communities we serve. Our advocacy efforts fall into the following categories:
- Draft policy recommendations
- Act as JLC liaisons with city, state, and Federal government officials
- Host voter registration drives and Meet the Candidate events
Points of Interest
- The JLC is a member of The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI), which is comprised of more than 300 Leagues throughout North America, Europe and Africa, with a collective membership of more than 155,000 women.
- The JLC was founded in 1926 when 30 women came together to establish the Junior League Baby Home to provide care for orphaned children.
- Junior League of Charlotte members have donated more than 1.6 million volunteer hours in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community.
- The Junior League of Charlotte has donated more than $13.7 million in contributions to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community.
Jonell Logan, President
Megan Smith, President-Elect
Spencer Lash, Executive Vice-President
Janica Buckley, Communications Manager
1332 Maryland Avenue Charlotte, NC 28209
Phone: (704) 375-5993 Fax: (704) 375-9730