Community Partnership applications for the 2020-2021 year are available online through Friday, September 13. The JLC partners with our community to ensure all children are school ready by focusing on health and educational needs of children from birth to fifth grade in priority areas of Mecklenburg County. Click here to apply now via Google Form! A fillable PDF application is also available here and can be emailed to email@example.com.
An information session for potential community partners will take place Friday, August 23, 2019 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in the JLC Community Room. Register here
Requirements for the Consideration of Applications
• The organization and project shall serve children birth – 5th grade, identified as living in Mecklenburg County’s Public Health Priority Areas (Zip Codes: 28205, 28206, 28208, 28212, 28216, 28217)
• The organization must be tax-exempt and provide proof of 501(c)(3) IRS exemption status upon application. In the case of a governmental body or agency, in lieu of 501(c)(3) evidence, please provide documentary evidence that the agency is an instrumentality of a local, state or federal government.
• Organizations and programs must be consistent with the JLC Mission Statement, Focus Area and Initiatives.
• Agencies and/or programs must be prospects for continuing service or operation.
• Agencies must provide volunteer opportunities for at least 10 JLC members each of whom will contribute 40 volunteer hours that may include on-site activities, planning & preparation, committee meetings and general committee responsibilities as assigned. Of note, most JLC members work a traditional 9-5 schedule, so priority will be given to partnerships that provide evening and weekend volunteer opportunities.
• Agencies must have operations located in Mecklenburg County.
Applications will NOT be considered for
• Religious projects that directly benefit or are solely sponsored by an individual church.
• Individual needs (e.g., transplants, medical emergencies, balloon payments, scholarships, tuition, etc.).
• General fundraising campaigns, contributions or unrestricted funds for capital campaigns.
• Political, fraternal or social activities or candidates.
• General overhead, technology related or salary expenses.
• Volunteer opportunities in administrative roles, e.g., roles of childcare, answering phones or processing documents.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.