The Junior League of Charlotte along with United Way of Central Carolinas presents GET ON BOARD. This one-day workshop, Saturday, February 25, 8 AM to 3 PM, is designed for all who desire to take their community involvement to the next level. Whether you are new to volunteerism, or you are Board member seeking to enhance your skills, this event is designed for you.
This year’s workshop follows a dynamic, interactive program allowing you to:
- Understand Charlotte’s network of nonprofit, volunteer-based programs
- Highlight the skills you already have in order to become more involved, or improve as a board member
- Network with some of the most exciting and desirable organizations in Charlotte during our Nonprofit Networking Lunch
Following the lunch, all attendees will be split into two unique groups.
Get on Board 101 is designed for those somewhat new to the nonprofit world. This group will spend time with speakers discussing the potential topics of:
- What interests you?
- Nonprofits that best align with your unique makeup
- How to start or enhance your involvement with nonprofits outside of board membership
Get on Board 201 is a great opportunity for people who are already a nonprofit board member, or those looking to commit in the near future. This group will dig deeper into more strategic and operational topics such as finances, legal, operations, human resources, and fund development.
Get On Board will be held at the Junior League of Charlotte building, located at 1332 Maryland Ave., Charlotte NC.
Registration is now open. Reservations are first-come, first-serve. Space is limited. Do not delay! Registration fee is $40 for JLC members and $50 for nonmembers. Light breakfast and lunch are included.
1332 Maryland Avenue
Charlotte NC 28209