The Junior League of Charlotte presents Get On Board. This one-day workshop is a training program to identify and develop your leadership skills. Whether you are new to voluntarism, are interested in serving as a volunteer leader, or are already a board member seeking to enhance your
skills, this event is designed for you! Get On Board is a dynamic, interactive program allowing you to:
- Highlight the skills you already have in order to become more involved, or improve as a board member,
- Hear from some of Charlotte’s leaders in the nonprofit sector,
- Gain an understanding of the process for joining a board, and
- Learn what you can expect as a board member.
The day will include spending time with speakers discussing the topics of:
- How to discover what interests you,
- How to determine what nonprofits best align with your unique makeup,
- How to start or enhance your involvement with nonprofits outside of board membership, and
- How an organization’s finances, fundraising, operations and governance will impact your involvement.
Get On Board will be held at the Junior League of Charlotte building, located at 1332 Maryland Avenue, Charlotte NC on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Check back for information on registration.
1332 Maryland Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28209