The Junior League of Charlotte Application for Community Partnership
June 2023-May 2024
Junior League of Charlotte will allocate financial and volunteer resources to promote, support, and provide access to mental and physical health programs and services for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. We will partner with various non-profit organizations who focus on:
- Programs that Promote Healthy Living, Support Mental Well-Being and Provide Access to Healthcare and Food.
- Serve priority areas of Mecklenburg County encompassing zip codes: 28205, 28206, 28208, 28212, 28216, and 28217.
Requirements for the Consideration of Applications
- The organization must be tax-exempt and provide proof of 501(c)(3) IRS exemption status upon application. In the case of a governmental body or agency, in lieu of 501(c)(3) evidence, please provide documentary evidence that the agency is an instrumentality of a local, state or federal government.
- Organizations and programs must be consistent with the JLC Mission Statement, Focus Area and Initiatives.
- Organizations and/or programs must be prospects for continuing service or operation.
- Organizations must provide volunteer opportunities for at least 10 JLC members. Note: Most JLC members work a traditional 9-5 schedule, therefore priority will be given to opportunities that are outside of those hours (e.g. evening and weekend).
- JLC volunteers will each contribute 40 hours of volunteer time including on-site activities, planning, preparation, committee meetings and general committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Organizations must have operations located in Mecklenburg County.
Applications will NOT be considered for:
- Religious projects which directly benefit or are solely sponsored by an individual church.
- Individual needs (e.g., transplants, medical emergencies, balloon payments, scholarships, tuition, etc.).
- General fundraising campaigns, contributions or unrestricted funds for capital campaigns.
- Political, fraternal or social activities or candidates.
- General overhead, technology related or salary expenses.
- Volunteer opportunities in administrative roles, e.g., roles of child care, answering phones or processing documents.
Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community Partnership Application for the 2023-2024 year will open on August 1, 2022 and applications are due by September 8, 2022.