As our School Ready Initiative continues, we will continue to partner with various non-profit organizations who focus on:
- Educational needs of children from birth to fifth grade (including health in mental and physical capacities as well as traditional educational components such as reading, writing, speech, and math)
- Serve priority areas of Mecklenburg County encompassing zip codes: 28205, 28206, 28208, 28212, 28216, and 28217.
Requirements for the Consideration of Applications
- The organization must be tax-exempt and provide proof of 501(c)(3) IRS exemption status upon application. In the case of a governmental body or agency, in lieu of 501(c)(3) evidence, please provide documentary evidence that the agency is an instrumentality of a local, state or federal government.
- Organizations and programs must be consistent with the JLC Mission Statement, Focus Area and Initiatives.
- Organizations and/or programs must be prospects for continuing service or operation.
- Organizations must provide volunteer opportunities for at least 10 JLC members. Note: Most JLC members work a traditional 9-5 schedule, therefore priority will be given to opportunities that are outside of those hours (e.g. evening and weekend).
- JLC volunteers will each contribute 40 hours of volunteer time including on-site activities, planning, preparation, committee meetings and general committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Organizations must have operations located in Mecklenburg County.
Applications will NOT be considered for:
- Religious projects which directly benefit or are solely sponsored by an individual church.
- Individual needs (e.g., transplants, medical emergencies, balloon payments, scholarships, tuition, etc.).
- General fundraising campaigns, contributions or unrestricted funds for capital campaigns.
- Political, fraternal or social activities or candidates.
- General overhead, technology related or salary expenses.
- Volunteer opportunities in administrative roles, e.g., roles of child care, answering phones or processing documents.
Our Community Partnership Application for the 2022-2023 year will open in the fall of 2021. Stay tuned for more information.